On January 21st some of the farmers from Oasis at Bird-in-Hand, the organic and chemical free cooperative that we partner with for all of our fresh produce, meats, and cheeses, will be at Smucker Farms of Lancaster County. They will be here from 9 AM – 4 PM to answer your questions about their fresh produce, the Community Supported Agriculture program, and will also be handing out samples of meat and cheese.
The farmers visiting us will be;
- Elmer Lapp, the Meat Manager for Oasis at Bird-in-Hand who also manages the raising of beef, pork and chicken across of four of his immediate family’s farms. Elmer is responsible for what my customers have called the “Best meat they can buy in Washington, DC,” and I agree. He also manages the retail store that Oasis maintains in Bird-in-Hand, which just opened up in late November.
- Leroy Miller, the Dairy Manager for Oasis who also runs a farm that raises grass-fed Jersey Cows, heirloom pork, pasture raised chickens and organic produce.
- Amos Miller, the farmer behind Misty Creek Goat Dairy is also the primary cheesemaker for many of the small production raw milk cheeses distributed by Oasis at Bird-in-Hand.
- Dale Stoltzfus, the Produce Manager for Oasis works with the 35 chemical free and certified organic farmers that have joined so far and been certified by the cooperative as living up to the standards that have been set for Real.Live.Food.
- Reuben Stoltzfus, one of the organizing forces behind the cooperative who has vast experience in organic farming, distribution logistics, and marketing.
This is an opportunity to understand where your food comes from and how real food is grown. It will also be a ton of fun and we look forward to seeing you on the 21st of January from 9 AM- 4 PM here at Smucker Farms of Lancaster County